Congressman Johnson announces funding for local Head Start programs
DECATUR, GA — Today, Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04 announced more than $6 million for local Head Start programs. Johnson helped secure the grant funding as part of the American Rescue Plan.
“This investment will help our local Head Start programs continue preparing Georgia kids for success and help parents get back to work growing our economy knowing their kids are safe and cared for,” said Rep. Johnson.
- CDI Head Start/Dekalb and Rockdale Counties – $263,230
- Easter Seals North Georgia, Inc. – $2,394,197
- Georgia Dept. of Early Care and Learning – $220,156
- McIntosh Trail Early Childhood Development Council – $562,355
- YMCA of Metro Atlanta/Early Childhood Development Co. – $2,696,911