What Hank has done:
- Introduced in 2019, the Opportunity Zone Fairness and Inclusion Act, H.R. 4999, to bring inclusion, diversity, and fairness to the administration’s development program.
- Congressman Hank Johnson and community leaders hosted a Free File public briefing and demo on March 13, 2017, to highlight the federal and Georgia Free File programs that provide free online federal and state income tax preparation and e-filing services to low and moderate-income taxpayers.
- Congressman Hank Johnson’s (D-GA) bipartisan FAIR Act: The Forced Arbitration Injustice Repeal Act, reestablishing Americans’ 7th Amendment right to seek justice and accountability through the court system, passed the House of Representatives.
- Cosponsored H.R. 3975, the Cyber Breach Notification Act of 2017, to require covered entities to provide notification in the case of a breach of unsecured sensitive personally identifiable information in electronic or digital form, and for other purposes.
- Cosponsored H.R.1300 - United States Call Center Worker and Consumer Protection Act of 2017, to require the Secretary of Labor to maintain a publicly available list of all employers that relocate a call center overseas, to make such companies ineligible for Federal grants or guaranteed loans, and to require disclosure of the physical location of business agents engaging in customer service communications.
- Sponsored H.R.6547, APPS Act of 2018, to increase consumer privacy on mobile devices.
- Sponsored H.R.6548, the Data Broker Accountability and Transparency Act of 2018, to make it easier for consumers to correct and opt out of big data collection and use.
What Hank will do:
- From his post on the Judiciary Committee, continue to introduce legislation designed to level the bargaining and legal playing field between consumers and service and product providers.
- Support increased funding of and oversight on the part of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
- Call for quality control and safety assurance mechanisms in any trade agreements.
More on Consumer Protection
Rep. Johnson Recognized for Efforts to Defend Democracy
ATLANTA, GA – Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04) delivered the following remarks at the 52nd annual MLK, Jr. Commemorative Service:
“To deny a person the right to exercise their political freedom at the polls,” said Dr. King, “Is no less a dastardly act as to deny a Christian the right to petition God in prayer.”
Standing here with you today in this sacred space, the wisdom of Dr. King’s words, ring true.
The Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act is the first comprehensive national legalization bill to pass a congressional committee.
“We have been absolutely shut out of this business,” Rep. Hank Johnson of Georgia said Wednesday.
As President Trump traveled to Atlanta last week to, in part, tout his tax break program called Opportunity Zones, Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04) was introducing the Opportunity Zone Fairness and Inclusion Act, H.R. 4999, to bring inclusion, diversity, and fairness to the administration’s development program.
WASHINGTON, D.C.— Even as President Trump traveled to Atlanta last week to, in part, tout his tax break program called Opportunity Zones, Rep. Hank Johnson (GA-04) was introducing the Opportunity Zone Fairness and Inclusion Act, H.R. 4999, to bring inclusion, diversity, and fairness to the administration’s development program.
Thank you to everyone who attended our town halls this month in Conyers and Covington or who tuned in on our Facebook live feed. We had four successful town halls in every county in the Fourth District, and I thank everyone who participated. We had four excellent discussions on the issues of the day. I’ll be conducting telephone town halls in the near future, and we’re holding a Twitter town hall on Nov. 6 from 3:30-4:40 PM. I’ll have more details on those upcoming town halls soon.
Rep. Hank Johnson (GA-04) has commissioned more than 30 local officials and representatives to serve as a Complete Count Committee to help spread the word about the importance of the 2020 U.S. Census.
District 4 Congressman Hank Johnson reached thousands of residents in person and via Facebook live during his “Moving The Fourth Forward” town hall series. The town halls, which began at the Lou Walker Senior Center in DeKalb County on Aug. 13 concluded at the Newton County Historic Courthouse on Oct. 10.
Since 2007, Congressman’s office helps thousands of residents navigate housing, health care, Social Security, IRS and veterans benefits