What Hank has done:
- Congressman Hank Johnson and community leaders hosted a Free File public briefing and demo on March 13, 2017, to highlight the federal and Georgia Free File programs that provide free online federal and state income tax preparation and e-filing services to low and moderate-income taxpayers.
- Cosponsored H.R. 3975, the Cyber Breach Notification Act of 2017, to require covered entities to provide notification in the case of a breach of unsecured sensitive personally identifiable information in electronic or digital form, and for other purposes.
- Cosponsored H.R.1300 - United States Call Center Worker and Consumer Protection Act of 2017, to require the Secretary of Labor to maintain a publicly available list of all employers that relocate a call center overseas, to make such companies ineligible for Federal grants or guaranteed loans, and to require disclosure of the physical location of business agents engaging in customer service communications.
- Sponsored H.R.6547, APPS Act of 2018, to increase consumer privacy on mobile devices.
- Sponsored H.R.6548, the Data Broker Accountability and Transparency Act of 2018, to make it easier for consumers to correct and opt out of big data collection and use.
What Hank will do:
- From his post on the Judiciary Committee, continue to introduce legislation designed to level the bargaining and legal playing field between consumers and service and product providers.
- Support increased funding of and oversight on the part of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
- Call for quality control and safety assurance mechanisms in any trade agreements.
More on Consumer Protection
Some local TV stations are moving frequencies.
Our local broadcasters play a vital role in our communities, delivering the news, emergency updates and entertainment we rely on every day for free.
Many TV stations must now move frequencies in the upcoming months. These changes are happening behind the scenes, so the channel numbers you know will not change.
Event held on brand protection and anti-counterfeiting strategies
ALEXANDRIA, VA – Today, Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04), chair of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet, is delivering the keynote address at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) forum on brand protection and anti-counterfeiting strategies.
USPTO Forum on Brand Protection and Anti-Counterfeiting Strategies Keynote Address | Thursday, June 6, 2019, 10 AM in the Clara Barton Auditorium at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Thank you to the Patent and Trademark Office and the McCarthy Institute for organizing today’s forum.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04) released the following statement at the Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust, Commercial, and Administrative Law this hearing: Justice Denied: Forced Arbitration and the Erosion of our Legal System. Rep. Johnson is the author of the FAIR Act: The Forced Arbitration Injustice Repeal Act, which would increase Americans’ rights to seek justice and accountability through the court system.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Representative Mike Quigley (IL-05) with Representatives Pramila Jayapal (WA-07), Hank Johnson (GA-04), Jesus “Chuy” García (IL-04), and Sylvia Garcia (TX-29) re-introduced legislation that seeks to remove the ability of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to contract with local law enforcement for the purposes of enforcing federal immigration law.
Congressman explores how important patents are to innovation, addresses rise of fraudulent trademarks from China
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Rep. Hank Johnson (GA-04), chair of the Judiciary Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property and the Internet, conducted a hearing on Oversight of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
| To watch, click HERE. |
DECATUR, GA — On Monday, May 13, Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04), will host the 2019 Resources Fair for constituents looking to not only launch and better their career, but also better their lives and receive valuable information about a range of organizations who may be able to help people throughout Georgia’s 4th District and the entire state.
For the full program, click HERE
Congressman Offers Bicameral Resolution With New York Congresswoman Grace Meng
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04) and Rep. Grace Meng (NY-06) introduced a resolution to designate April 30 as National Adult Hepatitis B Vaccination Awareness Day.
Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04) has been named by Goodwill Industries International as a 2019 Policymaker Leader.
Johnson is receiving the award for demonstrating tremendous support of Goodwill’s public policy and legislative agenda, including criminal justice reform and workforce development.