Tours and Tickets
NEW: The National Museum of African American History & Culture is opening on the Mall in Washington on Sept. 24. In response to the overwhelming demand for timed-entry passes to the National Museum of African American History & Culture, the museum will expand its hours and make additional passes available. On September 6th at 9 a.m. EDT, additional Timed Entry Passes for Grand Opening Weekend Saturday, September 24th and Sunday, September 25th, will be made available to the general public. The Museum will also offer Timed Passes for extended hours Monday, September 26th through Sunday, October 2nd. Timed Passes for the months of November and December will also be released Tuesday. For more, visit: https://nmaahc.si.edu/visit/passes
- Passes will be available in one-hour increments from opening day, Saturday, September 24, 2016 through October 31, 2016.
- Passes will be available online at www.nmaahc.si.edu or by phone at 800-514-3849.
- A maximum of six passes can be requested at any one time.
- The museum will also have a small amount of first-come, first-served, same-day passes available. More details about the procedure will be forthcoming.
- Once it is up and running, the timed pass system will be in place as long as it is needed. We estimate that this will be at least one year.
- The online system and the phones will undoubtedly be very busy. It is not possible to guarantee that anyone will get passes for specific dates and times.
For more information, click HERE.
All tickets are provided to constituents on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to the large number of visitors, please request them as early as possible in order to maximize your chances. For information on sightseeing and attractions, please visit the Washington, DC Tourism Information page. White House tours require at least four (4) week's advance notice and constituents can request tours up to three (3) months in advance. Visiting the White House and U.S. Capitol are popular and time-honored traditions when in Washington, D.C. Because these tours are so popular, my office is only able to assist residents of Georgia's 4th Congressional District. If you do not live in the 4th District, you are welcome to get in touch with your Representative or Senator to arrange a tour.