What Hank has done:
Voted on January 10, 2020, to pass H.R. 535, the PFAS Action Act, to protect families from PFAS “forever chemicals” and designate them as hazardous substances, clean up existing contamination and protect public health by providing critical resources for communities.
- Responded to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals’ ruling against the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate and asking of the district court, which had previously struck down the entirety of the ACA, to determine next steps.
- Since the Affordable Care Act was established in 2010, Rep. Hank Johnson (GA-04) says, “Residents of my state – ranging from young adults to seniors to children – are receiving critical benefits from this health care law.” Some of these benefits include: increasing access to Medicaid, providing new coverage options for young adults, creating affordable prescription drugs for seniors, and removing lifetime limits on health benefits.
The Affordable Care Act aided in expanding health insurance coverage by establishing a Health Insurance Marketplace in every state and increasing access to the Medicaid program. From 2013 to 2016, there was an evident decrease of those uninsured by 29% in the State of Georgia.
The Affordable Care Act provided Georgia with millions of dollars’ worth of grants that met the constituent’s healthcare needs. Georgia received $14,389,032 for Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Programs. In addition, Georgia received $287,100 for Family-to-Family Health Information Centers and $4,953,436 for school-based health centers to help clinics to amplify health care services.
Rep. Hank Johnson (GA-04) announced that a new report shows that hundreds of thousands of people in Georgia are already benefiting from the Affordable Care Act and that will continue to grow over the years, especially in the State of Georgia.
What Hank will do:
- Ensure that the health care reform legislation is implemented such that it protects consumers and empowers ordinary Americans seeking affordable health insurance.
- Continue to pursue additional funds for Georgia’s critical PeachCare program.
- Continue to support a public option to counter insurance industry price gouging.
- Introduced and passed the “Neglected Infections of Impoverished Americans Act, which would require Health and Human Services to report to Congress annually on the impact of parasitic diseases – mostly in poor, minority populations along the U.S.-Mexico border, the rural South, Appalachia and distressed urban areas – to address their threat and make funding recommendations on how to eradicate them.
- Continue to support investment in health care research.
More on Health Care
LITHONIA, GA – Since taking office in 2007, Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04) has worked to help secure more than $61 million for constituents seeking help with federal agencies from his offices in Georgia’s 4th Congressional District, which encompasses parts of DeKalb, Gwinnett and Newton counties and all of Rockdale County.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, with the U.S. Postal Service under assault from the Trump Administration, Rep. Hank Johnson (GA-04) voted to pass H.R. 8015, the Delivering for America Act.
It was another busy week in Washington – from giving my final goodbyes to my colleague, mentor and friend Congressman John Robert Lewis to asking pointed questions to Attorney General Williams Barr and the CEOs from some of the world’s largest technology companies – everything I do on Capitol Hill and in Georgia I do with my constituents, consumers and working Georgians in mind.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Rep. Hank Johnson (GA-04) took bold action to build on the Affordable Care Act to lower health costs and prescription drug prices for all Americans by joining House Democrats to pass the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Enhancement Act. Today’s vote comes days after the Trump Administration filed a brief asking the Supreme Court to strike down the entirety of the ACA.
House Democrats Move to Strengthen ACA, While Trump Asks Supreme Court to Tear Law Down
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, one day before the Trump Administration is due to file a brief asking the Supreme Court to strike down the entirety of the Affordable Care Act, Rep. Hank Johnson (GA-04) unveiled House Democrats’ new legislation to build on the ACA to lower health costs and prescription drug prices: the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Enhancement Act.
Today, I returned to Washington to vote in support of The Heroes Act, crucial legislation to address the COVID-19 health and economic crisis. Our communities, workers and families urgently need more relief to weather the pandemic.
Many of our frontline heroes are at risk of losing their jobs, even as they risk their lives to care for us.
Today, Rep. Hank Johnson (GA-04) voted to pass H.R. 6800, The Heroes Act.
Congressman: Bold Legislation to Address the Coronavirus Health and Economic Crisis; Means More than $1B for Fourth District
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04) announced his support of The Heroes Act, bold legislation to address the coronavirus health and economic crisis.