What Hank has done:
- As Southeast Regional Whip during the 111th Congress, helped lead passage of President Obama's historic health care reform legislation.
- As Chairman of the Judiciary Committee’s Competition Policy Subcommittee during the 111th Congress, co-authored provisions of the health care reform legislation in the House of Representatives that removed the insurance industry's immunity to anti-trust regulation.
- Actively defended Georgia’s critical PeachCare children’s healthcare program.
- Voted for the successful bill that directs the federal government to negotiate lower Medicare drug prices with pharmaceutical companies, and urged Medicare to re-examine its specialty-tier drug system.
What Hank will do:
- Ensure that the health care reform legislation is implemented such that it protects consumers and empowers ordinary Americans seeking affordable health insurance.
- Continue to pursue additional funds for Georgia’s critical PeachCare program.
- Continue to support a public option to counter insurance industry price gouging.
- Introduced the “Neglected Infections of Impoverished Americans Act of 2011” – H.R. 528 – which would require Health and Human Services to report to Congress annually on the impact of parasitic diseases – mostly in poor, minority populations along the U.S.-Mexico border, the rural South, Appalachia and distressed urban areas – to address their threat and make funding recommendations on how to eradicate them.
- Continue to support investment in health care research.
More on Health Care
CLARKSTON, GA – On Friday, March 3rd from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Rep Hank Johnson (GA-04), will be hosting his 2nd Annual Career and Community Resources Fair at Georgia Piedmont Technical College.
DECATUR, GA – Today, Rep. Hank Johnson (GA-04) denounced the Trump Administration’s action to immediately halt all advertising and other outreach activities for the ACA Marketplaces by HHS in the critical last few days of Open Enrollment.
CLARKSTON, G.A.—On Jan. 15, Rep. Hank Johnson (GA-04) co-hosted an event to take a stand against the GOP agenda and its budget.
The town hall was co-hosted by Clarkston Mayor Ted Terry.
The event was held to hold the GOP accountable for their budget that calls for drastic cuts to Medicare, Medicaid and dismantling the Affordable Care Act. Congressman Johnson praised the Obama administration at the event and echoed the voices of many guest speakers who have pledged to hold the GOP in Washington accountable.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Rep.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Rep. Hank Johnson (GA-04), ranking member of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Regulatory Reform, Commercial and Antitrust Law (RRCAL), which exercises jurisdiction over regulatory and competition policy, spoke out against Republicans’ H.R. 26, the REINS Act, as an example of “corporate welfare” that would establish sweeping restrictions on new environmental and public health protections.
[Watch Rep. Johnson speak from the House floor HERE]
DeKalb residents and those throughout Georgia struggling with opioid addiction or who know someone who is now have an online toolkit of resources to help in the journey to recovery.
Congressman Hank Johnson held a telephone town hall from his Washington, D.C. office on Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2016 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. He called 50,000 residents in the Fourth District to hear their thoughts on the results of the Nov. 8 General Election and to listen to what they would like to see him work on in the 115th Congress that begins Jan. 3, 2017.