Federal government offices in or around the 4th District
- Congressman Hank Johnson
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Other Government Information
Some Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Social Security and Medicare
My office can help you with determining Social Security benefits, as well as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicare eligibility.
- Do you want to know if you qualify for disability and SSI? Use Social Security's Screening Tool (BEST) to check if you do.
- Do you want to know about Medicare open enrollment? Click HERE.
- Do you need information on how to apply for Medicare? Go to the Medicare Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Do you have other general questions about social security services and benefits? Find an answer on the Social Security Administration's Answers to Your Questions page.
My office can assist you with receiving benefits, eligibility determination, and replacement of medals earned.
- Would you like to apply for veterans benefits? Use VONAPP to apply online.
- Would you like to appeal a decision? Find out how at the Board of Veterans Appeals.
We can help you expedite your passport application in an emergency, report lost passports, and monitor overseas travel restrictions.
- The Atlanta Passport Agency will open its doors on Saturday, September 13, 2014, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. for a special Passport Day.
For general questions regarding the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs passport services, see the State Department's Frequently Requested Information Web page.
My office can help with immigration petitions, adjustments of status, naturalization and non-immigrant petitions that have been delayed or lost.
- Do you need to schedule an appointment with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)? Use InfoPass to make an appointment online.
- Are you wondering when an immigrant visa will become available to you or a family member? You can find out by reviewing the State Department's Visa Bulletin.
- Do you need to find out how to file an application with USCIS? Go to Forms and Fees (836KB PDF) on the USCIS website.
- Do you have other general questions about immigration and naturalization? Find an answer on the Questions and Answers page of the USCIS website.
The Internal Revenue Service launched the new Tax Withholding Estimator, an expanded, mobile-friendly online tool designed to make it easier for everyone to have the right amount of tax withheld during the year. To get started, check out the Tax Withholding Estimator on IRS.gov.